Save Brass was built to be a marketplace for discounts just like Netflix was built for movies. The idea was to create a portal for people who are entrepreneurs and budding entrepreneurs to join for a monthly or yearly fee to gain access to deals negotiated directly with vendors.
Carefully thought-out design
Design-wise, it was important to be able to convey to users the true value of getting a membership— hence why I built the homepage with the following funnel in mind: inform, educate, present and offer.
- Inform: tell the user what Save Brass stands for and what they offer.
- Educate: teach users how it works and how they can sign up to start saving.
- Present: show users example deals that exhibit potential savings and partnerships.
- Offer: close out the funnel and give users the necessary push to decide on whether to join or not.
Categories are also displayed with the same intention. Deals go on the right while the filters live on the left sidebar. The deals flow down linearly to give more prominence to the vendor logo, vendor, and deal name. It’s purposely designed in that way to get pertinent information to the user with minimal noise and high effectiveness. They can skim through deals and quickly grasp the necessary information they need to be able to consider which offers are worth claiming or relevant to them.
Similarly, the PDP was designed and built to show value to the user. Front and center are the details of the deal. Logo, name, and savings. Some features are visible only on Desktop, like QR codes that allow users that are signed-in to be redirected to the deal or voucher on their device– this permits users to quickly scan and be on the go. I’ve also integrated components that display deals that are from the same vendor to push conversions.
I decided to choose WordPress as the CMS for this project. The custom functionality was a suitable fit for the requirements of the client. I created a new theme, added custom fields and post types. This allowed for deals that had categories and brands/vendors attached to them. After development and integration, I configured git, continuous integration and deployment. Now, every time the ‘master’ branch was pushed to or merged into, the updates would transfer over to the server.